If I could slow each day, week, month down to pass by at a fraction of the speed they are I would. I try to savor every moment but my goodness sometimes I blink and it is time to go to bed. I swear Donovan changes with each nap. As usual, lots has been going on in Mohatt household since the last time I wrote so I think I will start with the most recent and work backwards. (oh and more pics to come...you know the good ones that Kevin takes :) So...
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!
I didn't want our first Father's day to end. Kevin is a better father than I could have ever dreamed he would be and I wanted to make sure he felt so loved and appreciated on this special day honoring all the great things he does. We had a fun special breakfast complete with sticky pecan buns with frosting on top, fruit and chai tea. Kevin and I both got to go for a run which was a real treat while Grandma stayed home with Donovan. We then headed out for a cider tasting and tour at Colorado Cider Company which Kevin didn't even know existed so that was a fun surprise even though when we pulled up the store next door was an Amish furniture showroom and he seemed a tad bit more excited about that then the cider. :) That evening we went to Jazz in the Park and met up with some of our friends to end the day. My sister made some stuffed shells so we enjoyed a warm meal complete with garlic bread and a yummy salad. I surprised Kevin and made him cake pops for dessert. I had made some cake pops in my first trimester when I was pregnant. Kevin LOVED them but I got really sick making them. I couldn't even think about making them for the longest time after that but they tasted great, were so fun to make and now I can't wait for the next occasion to get creative with them again. I also came up with a fun tradition that hopefully we will carry out throughout the years on father's day. The only thing that could have made the day better would have been if I could have also spent the day with my father as well! He is the most kind, selfless, smart, loving, and generous dad a girl could ever ask for!! Maybe someday we will spend father's day with all the important father's in our life.
Grandma Mohatt came to visit!!!
Grandma Mohatt came out and stayed with us for 10 days! It was so wonderful to have her here. It is so important to us that Donovan gets to spend time with all of his family near and far and since New York is so far away her time here was so precious to us. We packed a lot in, in the 10 days she was here. I am not sure she knew what a visit to see us was going to be like. For anyone who has come to visit us you know I love to go, go, go! She got in early Friday morning and unfortunately I had to work. Kevin, Donovan and Grandma when grocery shopping while I was working but when I got home from work we hung out in the backyard and ordered some pizza. It was a nice relaxing evening. Saturday, I had to work again. They all went for a walk along the river and after work we went over to our cousin Kelli and Jerry's for a fun family BBQ. On Sunday we explored the town of Golden which was so much fun and now I can not wait to go back. Monday we met Kevin for lunch downtown and in the evening we went to see Iron Man at Film on the Rocks. The movie was actually really good and so fun to watch on the huge screen and really, really loud speakers. Donovan was such a trooper that night. He slept through the entire movie even through it sounded like planes were crashing most of the time. On Tuesday we went for lunch at a park near by where tons of food trucks gather making it a unique dinning experience. I had some errands to run and crafts to make for Father's day so later that afternoon we took care of those. Kevin made a scrumptious felafel dinner that evening. On Wednesday I had to work again, so Grandma and Donovan got to spend some quality time together just to two of them. We cooked out and relaxed in the backyard that evening. Thursday was a fun day of baseball. We went to the afternoon Rockies game and luckily found some seats in the shade because it was a hot one! It was so fun taking Donovan and Grandma to their first Rockies game! Friday we went to the Denver Botanic Gardens. We cooked out again on Friday and drank some strong wineritas making for a very enjoyable evening. On Saturday we had family over for an authentic taco dinner. Kevin made some killer food and mojitos. And finally Sunday was father's day and you know how that went. It was so sad to see Grandma go! We are looking forward to the next time we get to see her. Thanks for everything mom!!!
Donovan is 7 months!
He is seven months old, such a chunk and is soaking up everything like a little sponge. I feel like he learns something new everyday. He definitely has figured out that he has control of his own body. He can get to just about anything he wants. He has not quite figured out how to crawl but between pushing, scooting and rolling he can get to the desired object, person or dog. He can sit up for long periods of time but he still thinks someone will catch him at any moment and often likes to just fling himself backwards. He is learning how to go from sitting to his hands and knees but this usually results in a face-plant forward. He will spend up to 20 minutes on his tummy these days if he has an object of interest and if someone is close by. His favorite toys right now are anything we are using or holding. He will throw his biggest tantrum for a cell phone which makes me very nervous about what is to come. He loves spoons, cups, paper, water bottles...you name it...if Kevin or I use it, he wants it. He continues to be a very good communicator. He laughs and smiles all the time, says" mmmm" to all the delicious food I make him and makes it very clear if he does not like something or wants something. He will reach out when I put my arms out to pick him up. He is beginning to wave his hand and it seems as though he does it intentionally to tell you something but I have not quite figured it out yet so I am just imitating it and saying hi or bye. We will see if he catches on. He imitates a lot of the sounds that we make to him and even some actions. The other day I showed him how to put one object inside another one and he did repeatedly after me. Yay Donovan! He also is shaking his head "no" a lot but I haven't figured that one out either. He certainly does not know the word no at all. If I ever say it to him he just laughs. He is continuing to sleep through the night anywhere from 10-12 hours and takes 2-4 naps a day. We still don't have a tight set schedule but with our lifestyle that just wouldn't work. I love how flexible he is, we can put him to sleep just about anywhere and he can sleep through just about anything. He is a super good eater and so far has eaten everything we have offered him. He has two bottom teeth that came in at the same time and we didn't even know until the Doctor pointed them out that they were just about to cut through. He can bite off bits of anything and is getting good at "chewing"/gumming his food. He eats three meals a day and nurses anywhere from 4-6 x/day. He is very good at drinking from his sippie cup and enjoys water throughout the day. He regularly eats spinach, peas, green beans, broccoli, avocado, banana, blueberries, mangoes and rice and oatmeal cereal. He has tried chicken, beef, spicy Nepali food, watermelon, pears and sweet potatoes. He makes some pretty hilarious faces to some of the fruits especially, but he always wants more. I think we have a little foodie on our hands. I can't wait to feed him the food from our garden. Needless to say we are loving life with our little man.
Estes Park Wedding!
Earlier this month our Cousin Karen got married in Estes Park. It was on a Thursday morning so we were originally just going to go up and back on that day but last minute we decided to go up on Wednesday and stay the night. I am so glad we did. We got to really enjoy the town and spend more time with family. We haven't really spent a lot of time in Estes Park because it always seems so busy and touristy but it really is a lovely place to visit and made for a gorgeous backdrop for the beautiful wedding. Besides celebrating the marriage of Karen and Scott we had fun visiting a brewery, eating along the river, drinking coffee at a pond with tons of ducks and Kevin and I raced go carts. It was a fun mini family vacation :)
Zoe and Jason got married!
The wedding was perfect! We had so much fun celebrating their marriage. The bowling ally reception was a blast and everyone who attended had fun. I made about 150 cupcakes for the wedding as well which seemed to be a big hit. Everyone told me they tasted good, but regardless of their taste, I must say they looked pretty darn cute. And Donovan made his big debut as the ring-bear. He was the cutest darn ring security anyone had ever seen. If I didn't know any better I would say he almost stole the show. I am so excited to have Jason join our family.
My birthday!
Well my birthday happened to be the night before Zoe and Jason's wedding, you know, the night we had everyone over in our backyard the get the wedding celebration going. So conveniently I got to spend it with all of my immediate family and some of my extended family which was very special. I can't say the night was all about me, or I may or may not have had to tell my brother that it was my birthday at all, but it was a very fun day filled with love and laughter. Kevin totally surprised me and made me my own sewing space in the house which I can not wait to put to use. Previously my sewing machine was stored in Donovan's room so I always had to think ahead or be really sneaky to get it out after he went to bed. Now I can access it at any time. And, I was spoiled by my sister and Jason who gifted my his old ipad which I am also very excited about. I feel so cool with one of those :) It was a great birthday and I couldn't have been any luckier to spend it with so many of the people I love most.
Well I think that wraps up what we have been up to lately. I have had lots of friends give birth in the last couple weeks as well so I would like say congratulations to all of the new mommies and daddies out there. I am so excited for you all! There is nothing better than loving your child!
A few videos of what Donovan has been up to...
No comments:
Post a Comment