Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thank you Donovan for making me your mother!!!!

If I would have written the day after Mother's day, this is what I would have wrote...My first Mother's day was perfect. I couldn't be more proud to be Donovan's mother.  He makes my heart sing every moment I am with him.
 
 Kevin and Donovan surprised me in the morning with a beautiful bouquet of Roses.


He was so cute holding the flowers when they walked in.  He held onto them until I took them as if he was saying...here Mommy, Daddy and I picked these out for you.  We headed out to brunch at one of our favorite coffee shops.  It was so fun to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee, relaxing on the coffee shop couch with my two most favorite boys.  We then ran a few, fun errands to look for outdoor accessories and to pick up some plants for the garden.  At the garden shop they gave me a free duranium for mother's day to plant as well.  That was a fun little surprise.  Kevin had originally planed for us to all spend the day in park with a picnic but the weather didn't really cooperate so we decided to still have the picnic but to stay indoors.  He set up the living room with the picnic blanket and all of our pillows on the floor and then prepared a multi-course picnic accompanied by pitchers of mojitos (love me a mojito!) that we enjoyed throughout the rest of the night.




There was dessert too but I forgot to take a pic.  It disappeared too fast :)

We played cards and were reminded that we don't really have to leave the house to have a special date night.  Such a wonderful evening!!!  And thank you to everyone who sent a card, message or called!!!!  I really felt special and loved this Mother's day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment