Wednesday, February 8, 2012

ZZZzzzz :) :) :)

I must tell you that I am typing right now while Donovan is fast asleep, napping in his crib!  And the best part is...he put himself to sleep.  It took about 30 minutes but it wasn't a real fight with lots of tears just a ton of movement, smiles and looking around.  Yesterday he sucked his thumb and feel asleep twice on his own so I thought we would try one of his nap times in his own bed today...and we had a success.  He has started to go longer at night.  We are now at a consistent 7 hours and he will sleep for 8 hours on occasion.  We haven't done the sleep training that I have been reading about that teaches babies to fall asleep on their own and therefore sleep better at night.  But, he is falling asleep on his own better and better everyday.  Kevin is much better at getting him to do this than I am so most nights around 8 Kevin takes him up to his bassinet, talks to him for a little while and then 15 minutes later, he comes back downstairs and Donovan is fast asleep.  I on the otherhand, take him up stairs, watch him fall asleep, come back downstairs and 15 minutes later I have to go back upstairs to help him back asleep again.  I am hoping he is sleeping for 10 hours within the next month...I have my fingers crossed.




Grandpa Dick came down to Denver so that we could celebrate his birthday with him.  We went out to eat at one of our favorite restaurant/breweries Vine Street.  February happens to be stout month so we sampled a few beers.  Some were really good like the chocolate stout and some were really bad, so bad I don't even remember the name.  Donovan and Grandpa hung out yesterday Morning before Dick headed off to Las Vagas so that I could go to an interview.  They had lots of fun together and when I got home Donovan was napping...right on schedule.  I was very impressed.





We had fun watching the Super Bowl over at Zoe and Jason's.  We were all cheering for the Giants (mainly because we have one huge fan in our family and couple little ones in training) and excited for their win.  Our game day meal was complete with corn dog muffins, grilled nachos, veggies and dip, brats and cupcakes.  It was all quite tasty.



We also had a snow day last Friday which was such a wonderful treat.  I would never pass up getting to spend an extra day with my boys.  It was the first real big snow that we have been home for this year.  We decided to get out of the house and enjoy it.  We all bundled up and went for a long walk around town.  It was a lot of fun taking Donovan out in the snow for the first time.  Later that evening we headed out again, all bundled up, to meet some friends a brewery right down the street from us.  One of our friends even came on his cross country skis.  They don't serve food there so we ordered some pizza to the place and played a few games of dominoes.  I would say we thoroughly enjoyed our snow day.






Donovan's swim diaper came in the mail the other day so we are going to try to go to the pool tomorrow night.  He seems to really enjoy his bath and even more so a shower so hopefully he enjoys the pool.  I hope everyone is doing well!  XOXO  

















 

1 comment:

  1. Corn dog muffins? Never heard of them, but they sound great. I've seen that teething beaded necklace at stores...how fancy! Have fun at the pool. I sent you a fb message yesterday.

    ReplyDelete