I can not believe how fast one month could go by. I also can not believe how much he has grown and changed in one month as well. I keep asking myself...where did my little newborn go?! I have to admit I was very sad when he no longer fit in any of his newborn clothes anymore. I just want him to stay tiny for ever...kind of :) This week we got into the holiday spirit and decorated the house. Donovan just loves the Christmas decorations, especially the lights. He turns his from side to side to keep his eyes on the tree. We are going to take him to the Zoo and the Botanical Gardens to look at all of the holiday lights around Denver as well in the next couple weekends.
Let's see, so much has happened in the past month. Donovan has gotten to spend a lot of time with family which is so important to us. Nothing is better than family!!! His Aunt Carrie and Uncle Jason came to visit from New York when Donovan was just 2 weeks old. It was so fun to have them in town. We took Donovan out to eat for the first time which went very well. He just slept, snug as bug in the Moby wrap. We found out that weekend just how amazing the Moby wrap is. It makes it so easy to take him places because he just curls up and sleeps the whole time. We are so lucky. We also celebrated Jason's birthday with a family pizza party and ice cream cake. We wish they could have stayed longer, the weekend flew by!
The next weekend Donovan's Aunt Tanya and Grandma also came to visit. It was so wonderful to have more family in town. We had a fun adventure going down to Kevin's work and having tea as well as a grand tour. It is always fun to show off the baby :) I mastered walking and breastfeeding at the same time that weekend. I even was able to walk, breastfeed and eat an ice cream cone!! Nothing like multitasking. We also enjoyed a wonderful evening at our Aunt Angie and Uncle Jack's house. They were so kind to host a dinner while Tanya and Mom were in town. My parents and Zoe and Jason were also at the dinner. It is so fun and special to have both sides of our family all gathered to together. We ended the weekend with a great Packer's party during the day and a wonderful dinner out at night. Again, Donovan did great in his Moby wrap. We were so sad to see Tanya and Mom leave late on Sunday night. It really makes you jealous of those who have both sides of their family living in the same town...oh how wonderful that would be!
After all of the excitement of having family visit we packed ourselves up and headed out for our first road trip as a family of 3. We celebrated Thanksgiving in Lincoln Nebraska with the Mohatt side of the family. With 40 people gathered for Thanksgiving dinner Donovan was well loved on! We learned quickly that Kevin nor I really matter anymore...it is all about the the baby and I wouldn't want it any other way! He was quickly swept out of hands as soon as we arrived. He was well cared for by all of his family and brought back to me only when he needed to eat. Let me tell you though, packing for a newborn is an ALL day task. I had no idea how many outfits we would use, diaper we may need, etc. It was good practice for our next big road trip to Wisconsin for Christmas. Donovan was perfect for the 9 hours we spent traveling to Lincoln but he was certainly ready to be out of his car seat and in to someones hands by the end of it. It will be interesting to see how the 18 hour trip goes. I can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone already. We sure do have so much to be thankful for this year.
I also can not believe that my parents have been out in Colorado for two months now and just left this morning to head back to WI. I am so sad to have them leave but so grateful for all of their help and support these past couple months. I have just loved having them living out here and being able to see them almost everyday. I am so happy that Donovan has been able to spend so much time with his Grandma and Grandpa as he has been adjusting to life outside of the womb this first month. We sure are going to miss them coming over everyday. I am not quite sure how I am going to get all the things done around the house that my Mom so graciously took care of or how I will run all the errands that my Dad was so willing to do everyday but as long as no one expects a clean house for the time being we will manage. Attending to Donovan and spending this precious time with him his my main priority right now and I am pretty sure I can accomplish that everyday...he makes it so easy.
| Doing Laundry with Grandma! |
| Dad was feeling a little under the weather so he took some precautions to be around Donovan :) |
| Some snuggle time with Grandma |
| And this is what happens when I need to wash my hands and it is just me and Donovan at home...at least he was enjoying himself :) |
Here are a few more pictures what else Donovan has been up to the past month..
![]() |
| Donovan and Grandpa Dick |
| play time! |
| sleeping :) |
| love him! |
| bath time! |
| Little boys pee a lot!!! |
| My co-worker came to visit Donovan and sure had a calming touch |
| Snuggle time with Auntie Zoe |
| My sweet boy! |
| All bundled up and ready for a walk |
| He is just too cute even when he is upset...but it still breaks my heart when he cries |
| A very tired Mommy and baby |









No comments:
Post a Comment