Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Past Two Weeks

Well the past two weeks have been very fun but have gone by soo fast.  We had a great time celebrating Father's Day, though it would have been better if we could have spent the day with our Dad's as well.  I made Kevin a little onesie and a big breakfast.  He also got to sleep in quite late...probably the last father's day that will happen :)


Father's Day weekend we also spent time celebrating a friend's 40th Birthday.  You know it is a good party when there is a pinata!




During the week, Kevin helped to organize a three day film festival put on at his work that featured films that explored the courage, plight and triumph of refugees.  It was very well attended and I am always so proud of the work he does and his passion to educate others.  If you want to learn more about it or check out the films that were shown so that you can get them for your own viewing pleasure at home take a look at the website here.  The movie I saw, War Dance, was so good but a tear jerker.

This past weekend we spent a lot of time with friends and working out in our backyard.  On Friday we met up for happy hour at one of our favorite bars and enjoyed the evening outdoors.  We got to catch up with a few friends that we had not seen for years.  Always great to reconnect.   Pizza and movies were of course also included in the weekend.  On Sunday, we went and danced with Matt.  Who is Matt you might ask?  Well, he is a guy that goes around and dances all over the world and gets people to join in.  He makes a video at all the different places that he goes and then clips them together to make a longer video that really is quite interesting and entertaining.  So we spent an hour dancing to no music with a couple hundred other people.  It was fun.  And it will be fun to show our little guy the video someday and let him know he was there dancing with Matt.  It was funny because the update I got about our baby's development that day was about that he can sense my movement, even when I dance :) How perfect!!!



Later that afternoon we met up with some friends, Zoe and her new boyfriend for Jazz in the Park...of course, a great evening - all my favorite things!  This weekend I also finished my baby quilt that I had been working on for our little man.  I think it turned out great and I can not wait to make more for all of our friends who are popping out babies with us.  We have 5 close friends all having a baby within a month of our due date!  And 15 friends in total having a baby this year!  How fun is that?!


This week is the beginning of my month long summer break.  On Wednesday we leave to head to New York.  We are so excited and can not wait to see our family and friends back east.  I have been dieing to spend some time on a beach and we are going to get to do just that!  I can not wait to jump in the waves and I bet our little guy with love it too.  I am then heading to Wisconsin for a week and Kevin heads back to Colorado.  I am so sad that Kevin won't be coming along with me but hopefully next summer.  My mom and my Aunts are so kind to put on a baby shower for Kevin and I, so I am really looking forward to that and feel so lucky.  I am so excited to get to see my parents, family and friends back in the Midwest as well.

Baby and I are growing nicely. Here are a few pics so that you can see the progress.  He is moving like crazy.  It is so fun when others can feel him as well.


23 weeks!


We hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer.  And hopefully we get to see many of you in the next couple weeks!!!  We can't wait!  XOXO

2 comments:

  1. You are turning into quite the seamstress! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That breakfast looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete