I guess I forgot to post this one and now his is 6 months old....opps! Written March 28th :)
Donovan is 5 months old today. My how the past month has flown by!!!
The biggest and most exciting update is that our big trip out the NY was absolutely perfect and that Donovan traveled like a champ!!!


We got to meet our nephews Otis and Aiden which I was dying to do. I couldn't wait to see their adorable little faces and to hold and I must say I don't think they could get any cuter! Donovan loved meeting them as well. He was such a good big cousin to them, holding their hand (grabbing at their hand, shirt, face whenever possible), giving them lots of loving kisses (trying to bring any part of them that he had a hold of to his mouth) and he always tried to make them happy if they were sad (i.e. smiling at them whenever he saw them even if they were a little upset about something). It was so wonderful to have be out there for 12 days and to have lots of time to spend with family and friends. I wouldn't say it was enough time, because I would always want more time, but we got to do a lot of fun things...traveled down to the city, ate lots of great meals together, sampled some beer, went to mommy and me yoga, swam and best of all hung out in the company of those most important to us.
(More and better pictures of NY coming...the one's Kevin took of course. But for now, here are a few I snapped.)
 |
| Getting a real swim lesson from Auntie |
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| He has got some real kissable cheeks :) |
 |
| Uncle Jason and Aiden |
 |
| Mommy and Otis |
 |
| Dad and Donovan in New York City |
 |
| All tuckered out on the train ride home from exploring the Big Apple. |
 |
| love me some lucky charms |
 |
| St Patty's day night out |
 |
| Donovan LOVED, Loved, loved playing with his cousins |
Other exciting news is that Donovan now knows how to roll over...for real! He does it to get off of his tummy of course, but also to reach toys or move towards sounds and lights.
Kevin is currently on spring break which is so nice for all 3 of us to be home together. I have been trying to work as much as possible while he can be home with Donovan but I can still only handle so much time away. We are planning to host Zoe and Jason's night before the wedding night pizza party at our house so we have been making some plans of how we can spruce up the back yard. My parents are planning to come back out to Denver sometime in April so we are going to have a garden party and really change things up back there to expand our garden area but also expand the amount of "grass" play area we have for Donovan and Deeogee. I can't wait to play all day out there with my little man. He loves to be outside.
I hope everyone is doing well! XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment