Thursday, March 8, 2012

They Fit!

Finally, at four months out I had the courage to try on my pre-pregnancy pants and jeans and...they fit!  I can't say they look the same but at least I can get them on.  We don't own a scale so I never knew how much I was gaining except for when they weighed me at our Dr's appointments when I was pregnant and now I don't really know how much I am loosing except for how my clothes fit.  It is very exciting to have  few more options of outfits when getting dressed in the morning.  I still can not believe how much energy it takes to make milk.  Thank goodness my baby boy likes to eat because he is obviously sucking the weight off of me and onto him.  I have never been so hungry in my life!!!  Way hungrier than when I was pregnant and I eat a TON more.  The other day I had 4 complete meals and snacks throughout the day and I can't say I was full.  I eat as much as Kevin at each meal.  I think I can relate a little bit with my dad these days...he always says he never has had the feeling of being full.  Before, I couldn't ever really imagine that because I pretty much always felt full when I ate...a few bites extra and I was stuffed!  Well, not so much these days, I can eat and eat and eat and eat and eat and still be ready for more.  A big baby is the best diet :)



We went to Donovan's 4 month appointment last week and he is in the 65th percentile for height and weight and the 30th percentile for his head.  Everything looked real good to the Dr so I left a very happy mommy.  I did tell her though, that I felt like he was kind of a lazy baby.  I know he is so strong and can do a lot of things like roll to his side for food, but when I put him on the floor he is content to just lay there.  He kicks his legs and grabs at toys but he doesn't really make an attempt to move.  She told me that the bigger babies are normally slower to move because of all the weight and that the little skinny babies tend to roll, crawl, etc early.  I guess I will just have my cuddly baby for a little longer before he gets a moving and a grooving.  His latest and greatest discovery though, is his toes!  So cute!

"I'm cool right here Mom!"
   
I have also learned the past few weeks that drinking hot beverages and food while holding Donovan is no longer a good idea.  He grabs at everything and he thinks coffee mugs are the coolest thing.  I had made oatmeal the other other morning and before I could move the bowl back his fist was completely in it...oops!  I had put some milk in it so thankfully it wasn't too hot and he didn't burn himself.

A little update on our sleeping situation...he is doing great! The monitor we have is a video monitor and has a two way walkie-talkie built in.  Now, when he wakes up at night, we don't even have to go into his room...we just talk to him through the monitor and he falls right back to sleep.  Most nights he is sleeping about 8 hours and then he is ready to eat.  I can't complain at all, I am feeling much more rested and have been much more productive throughout the day.  The timing couldn't be better as I am starting to go back to work part-time with a set hours.  I am still working in the hospitals on the weekends but on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturday Mornings I am working here.  I have to say my job is pretty fun!

We are packing up and getting ready to head out to New York on Saturday.  We couldn't be more excited to visit and meet our new nephews.  Donovan is going to have so much fun "playing" with them.  I can't wait to see all of our family, enjoy some pizza and bagels and show Donovan the city.  I think he is really going to love going down to Manhattan to take in all the sights, sounds and smells.  I have been busy sewing a few gifts for the boys for St. Patty's Day and I made a few other things on the sewing machine the past couple days.  It is so nice when Donovan takes a nap in his crib...I can get so much done!  (p.s. today he slept for 2.5 hours in his crib for a nap.  I can't tell you how much I was able to do to get ready for our trip today)

Here are some pictures of the past few weeks...

Donovan and his friend Leo

He loves to read!



Breakfast with Auntie Zoe for her birthday...he was sad to leave :)
Playing cards with Great Aunt Mary Ann...teaching him young:)

Our first date night and things went well with the babysitter!

Our Family

We took our first trip to Sydney NB and had lots of fun with Grandpa!




Bedtime story time...so sweet!
Love walks!

No comments:

Post a Comment