| Now that is a serious belly! |
Other exciting news is that my parents arrived out to Denver two weeks ago and are staying through December. It has been so fun getting to see them on a regular basis each week and spend time together before they fully dive into the role of Grandma and Grandpa. They rented a loft near downtown and are getting used to city life. They also brought their two dogs out who are getting used to city life as well. It is so wonderful to have more family living here (even if it is only temporary)...I can never get enough family time :) A couple weekends ago we checked out the first Friday art walk, which is fun to see the local artist's work but also is great people watching. We have already had many family meals together and of course it is so fun getting together to watch the Packers on Sundays. We had a Packer's party at Zoe and Jason's house two weekends ago and this past weekend we went to local sports bar. Dad and Kevin enjoyed bottomless mimosas...good thing I didn't go into labor on Sunday:) Mom and I found a new favorite breakfast joint as well this weekend that has day old humongous biscuits for just $1 that I am sure will come in very handy when the baby arrives.
| Love those Packers! |
This weekend Kevin, brewed some more beer. He made a pumpkin beer to celebrate fall and Thanksgiving with and he also made a cherry wheat beer to celebrate this baby coming. My parents brought out a ton of Cherry's that they picked from around their property in Door County and Kevin turned them into an adult beverage for the day I can have a glass again. What a great husband :)
| Yum! Can't wait for my first glass! |
The other week I got together with one of my good friends, Renee, who also happens to be pregnant. It may be the last time before our boys come. She is due just a couple weeks after me but her last two babies have come early so we may be in labor at the same time and we may even be delivering at the same hospital. How fun would that be :)
| Our boys will be the best of friends :) |
I am still feeling really good and I am still loving pumpkin everything as fall rolls in and I think I have perfected my pumpkin muffin recipe. My sweet tooth is starting to get the best of me as I anxiously await our baby's arrival. I haven't really craved anything except fruit throughout the entire pregnancy but for some reason puppy chow has been oh so satisfying. Oh well! I am trying to walk as much as possible and have started to incorporate as many spicy foods as I can tolerate into my diet as well. Each day though, I do notice things getting a little harder. Getting off the couch is quite the accomplishment these days and putting on shoes that I have to tie is nearly impossible. But I must say I wouldn't trade these past nine and 3/4 months for anything!
Here is what is looking good these days...
| fixings for puppy chow |
| the perfect pumpkin muffin |
| Jalapeno poppers...bring on the labor :) |
We will keep everyone posted if we make any progress towards our little man's big depute.
XOXO
I LOVE your belly!!!! I really hope I get to come out this winter and meet your little man after he arrives :-)
ReplyDeleteWow! You really have changed quite a bit from your last post....I thought your size in the previous post was just too good to be true! Your food looks so good....please share some of your perfected recipes in the future on this blog (you can wait til things calm down a bit). You always have such fun food that you are trying. And I also love pumpkin everything. Take care this last month or less & please eat whatever you want!
ReplyDelete