I totally thought I posted this before we left for the holidays....oh well. Better late than never!
Well I don't know what happened but just like that a quarter of the year just passed by. I thought we were busy when Donovan was a baby and I felt like I was feeding him around the clock, but once he started crawling, oh my, how things have changed. I am sure all the changes are not directly linked to his mobility but things are different with a little one on the move. In the past four months, Donovan has shown us just what a little sponge he is...taking in everything around him and now he puts it all on display. I don't really even know where to start so I guess I can just start with what he is doing now. He is walking everywhere!!! He can climb on all of our furniture and knows how to get off of it by himself. He can go up and down our stairs and knows to be cautious of the open side. He imitates just about everything. He loves to pretend he is shaving, brushes his hair and the dogs hair whenever he gets his hands on a comb or brush and he loves to cook with me. He knows how to pour the ingredients into the mixer, stir it up with a spatula and of course taste it. He has loved all of our holiday arts and crafts and is always asking for more. You can teach him a new sign everyday which he will use appropriately. He is very polite and says please for everything. My favorite is that he knows how to help me unload the dishwasher. He takes out the spoons, opens the draw they go in which is above his head and puts them in there. He will do it until all the spoons are put away. He is such a helper! He loves, loves, loves to make people smile and laugh. He also can give you wonderful, big open mouth kisses, loves hugs and will blow you a kiss when you leave. We are having so much fun with him! He brings so much joy to all of our days!
So what else has happened in the past months...
Well Kevin and I went away on a 4 day anniversary trip to Ouray Colorado. My parents came and spent the long weekend with Donovan and we had our first nights away from him since he was born. It was so nice to spend time together, just the two of us...but I had a really hard time being away from Donovan with physical evidence to prove it. I wont go into too much detail but the pumping did not go as smoothly as I would have liked. I actually told Kevin we needed to head home about an hour after we arrived but I worked through it and we had an amazing, romantic time.
Sadly Donovan's great grandmother (Kevin's grandmother) passed away in October. We are so thankful that Donovan got to meet her. I am thankful for the memories I have with her and Kevin is so lucky to have had such a wonderful Grandmama who is dearly missed by so many. Kevin made it back to NY to spend time with Grandmama in her final days and we were able to join him to attend her wake and funeral. It is always so hard to say goodbye to a loved one but we are so greatful for all the time we had with her.
Big News: Donovan turned 1!!!! Our little guy is 1! I can barely believe it. We were actually flying home from NY on his birthday. We made it out just before hurricane Sandy hit land. We actually missed our flight back on Saturday the 27th and then they said we wouldn't be able to get out until after the storm passed but someone was pulling strings for us because we just happened to call at just the right time and got a flight out on the 28th. I had a big party planned for his 1st birthday, but we ended up just having a small gathering with my parents, Zoe and Jason. I still can not believe how fast a year has gone by! And even more so I can not believe how much he has grown and changed in the past year! I can not imagine my life without this little man, the past year has been the most amazing year of my life. I can not wait for all the years ahead. I try so hard not to take a single moment for granted. We have been so blessed and I am greatful for that each and every day.
We headed down to Arizona for Thanksgiving. We rented this enormous house (not a normal occurrence in our family) and my whole immediate family all stayed together. We had our own heated pool which Donovan loved. On the first day, the pool heater was not on and the water was 65 degrees but he didn't care. He just kept crawling right back in. It was a very relaxing trip filled with tons of fun and laughter. We ate lots of good food, drank too many good drinks and enjoyed being together as a family. Couldn't ask for more!
And now we are in full swing enjoying the holidays with our little man. I know he doesn't understand what Christmas really means yet. He doesn't know who's birthday it is or who this Santa guy is that he hears about every once in awhile but I am certain that he knows something special is going on. He loves to open the door on our advent calendar each day and get a tasty little treat. He loves the Christmas tree and throwing around the ornaments and then hanging them back up. We took him down to the Parade of Lights two nights in a row. He loved it! He loves Christmas music on the radio and even sings along to it. He enjoys the cookies and all the Christmas stories that we read to him. There is something magical about this time of year and having a child to share it with makes it that much better.
Other big news: My parents bought a place out here in Colorado!!! They are not planning to move out here full time but I will take anything I can get. I am so, so, so very excited for them to be out for longer periods of time. We feel so lucky that they are able to make this happen and for Donovan to get to spend more time with them. Maybe Kevin and I will get a few more date nights in this way ;) They are planning to come out and stay the month of January for starters. Oh what a fun month that will be!
Right now we are really looking forward to heading out to NY to spend the rest of holidays with our family out there. I just love having all three little guys together. They are at such a fun age to all play together. We can't wait to all gather together for delicious meals, fun drinks and good company.
For the new year I am really going to try to update the blog more frequently. It would acutally be much easier to write about a fun weekend or just what happended in the past week instead of trying to cover a 1/4 of a year. Oh well! I am sure I have missed lots of what we have been up to but most importantly we have been growing together as a family and enjoying every second of it!
Happy Holidays Everyone!!! We miss each and everyone of you!!!
XOXO
I thought of a few other things...
Halloween - We dressed Donovan up as the Very Hungry Catipillar. It is one of his favorite books and we thought it would be fun if he was a character from a book for halloween each year so...he loved it!
I started a new job. I am doing pediatric home health and I LOVE IT! It allows me spend more time with both my boys at once. We found a really nice lady who has a two year old son that comes over twice a week for a few hours and the boys get to play and I go see a few kids. I still am working at the clinic one day a week and 2 Saturdays a month but no more working Sundays for this girl! We are really happy with the new set-up and I love doing OT in the home.






No comments:
Post a Comment