I am now 35 weeks pregnant and starting to feel it. The good news is that with the baby updates that I get, it says that everything is pretty much developed for our little man and now he is just putting on weight. The bad news is...he is just putting on weight and my stomach is getting very cramped (and large). Luckly it has only been recently, but unluckily, I now feel the "pains" of pregnancy. I started getting serious back pain the last couple of days, I am pretty tired all the time from just going about my day and if I walk too fast or too long I get too many contractions. This weekend Deeogee and I went on our normal 3 mile walk I had 10 contractions in the hour it took...a few too many - oops! And in the last 1/2 hour they were coming every 2-3 minutes. When I got home I laid down for a couple hours and they thankfully went away. I guess I won't be doing that anymore.
With the baby coming just in time for all the winter holidays I have been having this urg to be real festive and make sure we can decorate the house. With Halloween being the 1st holiday he will be here for I spent the last week preparing. I made a table runner and some candle holders out of some old jars for a center piece. I also bought him a cute little Halloween bib and pumpkin hat at my favorite second hand store and today when I was there I found the exact costume I was looking for, for him. I think we are all set for October :)
 |
| Our Halloween table runner on display on the coffee table :) |
 |
| The cooler weather and getting ready for the holidays made me want some pumpkin muffins! I guess Deeogee is in the mood for fall too because he helped himself to 10 of them! |
I read somewhere that I am supposed to have my hospital bag packed by week 35 so that has got me a little nervous thinking I need to pretty much be ready RIGHT NOW for his arrival. I don't quite have my bag packed but I went out and got some last minute things that I thought we may need in case he were to come tomorrow, like wipes and A&D ointment, and few goodies for myself, such as a new PJ set. What new mom doesn't need a new PJ set that buttons down the front? :) And just when I thought I had gotten everything, tonight I was putting it all away and the one pair of pants that I didn't buy at the second hand store today would really complete his 0-3 wardrobe so I may just have to go and get them tomorrow. I know I don't really need those but they won't be there a month after he is born when I do need them because we don't really have too many pair of pants to go with all the onsies. But to be honest I can not for the life of me figure out what we really are going to want to dress him in. I have some sleepers that seem good and practical but then we have a bunch of onsies which everyone says you need a ton of, but if we put him in those his little legs will be bare. When I told Kevin I thought we may need some more sleepers or pants, he said we will just wrap him up in blankets, which may be case. If anyone has any advise with this it would be much appreciated...just so I can feel settled with what we got.
 |
| His newborn and 0-3 collection. |
Lets see...what else have we been up too. Kevin brewed a new batch of beer. When this one is ready I will actually get to drink a glass, yum! He brewed it using real maple syrup harvested and made by our friends Amanda and Darrel back in WI. I can't wait till it is ready. I also finished a different sewing project to help complete our new multifunctional room as well this past week. I made a cover to go over our filing drawers so that it can be a couch side table but still file all our stuff. I think it turned out real good considering I just made it up. I don't know how to follow a pattern when sewing and for now I don't think I would like to because figuring out how to make it all come together is a big part of the fun for me. Anyhow here is a pic of it...
 |
| side table |
 |
| filing drawers |
 |
| Brew Master hard at work... |
 |
| Adding the yummy maple syrup! |
Kevin has also been busy with his class and work. It is fun to see him so into his photography and photojournalism. When he tells me what he is going to go do and take pictures of it seriously makes my stomach turn. I could not put myself out there like he does taking all these pictures of strangers in pretty uncomfortable situations but...he loves it! We also took some time this week to take some pictures of my belly. Now these were some serious belly pictures...just to warn you.
 |
| 34 weeks! |
We miss everyone so much and hope you are all doing well!
XOXO
Sounds like you are quite the busy bee. I hope you are able to sail through the rest of your pregnancy with as little discomfort as possible.
ReplyDelete