Well that past week went by in a flash. That seems to be the theme lately. We had a fun week of experimental cooking around here. I made kale chips which are our new favorite snack/treat/side dish and I am trying to figure out what to do with this meat called chicken. Since being pregnant I have had to start eating meat inorder to get enough protein in a day. 70 grams is what you need!!! It is pretty hard to do if you don't eat meat, don't want to eat fish while your pregnant and get sick on beans and lentils right off the bat. None the less I have become a beef eating kind of gal. I am really not a fan at all of chicken but you can only have so many hamburgers and steaks in a week so I have been trying to like that bird. So, this week I cooked it up with a bunch of fresh herbs from the garden, topped it with tomatoes from the garden and well, it all went down with a bit of a smile. But if anyone has some real good easy recipies you would like to share I am open to trying new things. I still prefer the side of kale chips but my baby tells me otherwise.
On Friday we headed up to Wyoming to celebrate our friend's Jeana and Scotty's wedding. I went to elementary and middle school with Jeana and then I moved away in high school. On our first day of college walking around campus, I happened to bump into her. We had no idea we were going to be going to school together but I can not say how good it felt to see a familiar face that day. We of course continued our friendship throughout the rest of our years at UW-LaCrosse and evened lived together for a year. Jeana and Scotty met freshmen year of college as well so I have known both of them for quite a long time. It was such a beautiful and special wedding. If you have never been to the Grand Tetons I would definitely recommend taking a vacation there. As you can see in the pictures below they could not have picked a more gorgeous setting.
 |
| You know we are in Jackson, WY with the arch |
 |
| The beautiful ceremony site (I know, I should have got the bride and groom) |
 |
| The Grand Tetons |
 |
| The bride and groom showing off their hula hooping skills |
 |
| Scotty, Jeana and I |
 |
| Deeogee enjoying a much deserved bone on the ride home |
This Monday has not been the best start to a week. I took a real digger in the street this morning and sprained my ankle. I was trying to catch a bus, which I missed, then fell, then missed the bus again and finally on the third try I made it on it. A pregnant lady falling is not a pretty sight and hobbling around with this extra weight is not too cute either but thankfully I have the best husband ever who is making sure I am keeping off my foot here in the beginning, brought me flowers to cheer me up, cooked dinner, tended to the garden, ran the dog and offered to clean the bathroom. I love him! Despite the luck I have had today, we have a wonderful week ahead of us. We will be celebrating Kevin's birthday on Wednesday with friends and family and my parents arrive on Thursday. I have the "to do" list made for this weekend. I am so thankful for my parents coming out and helping up to get things in order for the baby's arrival. I hope they are ready for the fun. Ikea here we come! Oh and on Friday we get to go to see one of our midwifes again. I love going because we always get to hear the baby's heart beat. It is such a beautiful sound!
Take care everyone and watch out for those curbs...they'll get ya every time! XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment